Let’s be real…these gluten and dairy-free cookies deserve to shine all year long, not just over the holidays! Mix it up by ditching the candy cane in favour of chopped peanuts, dried cranberries, or white chocolate chunks.
Make it happen:
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I use Namaste brand)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped candy canes
- Sea salt for topper
Ready to rock?
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the coconut oil and sugars.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients, blending slowly and scraping down sides.
- Stir in your additions, like the chocolate chips and candy canes.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until just firm. Don’t overbake.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.