This is grounding comfort food to me, at its best! Served alongside a warm roast and some creamy mashed potatoes, it doesn’t get much better than this.
- 2 lbs of carrots (not baby carrots).
- 2 tbsp ghee.
- Olive oil.
- Fresh sprigs of thyme.
- 1/2 cup shallots, peeled and quartered.
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup.
- 1 clove crushed garlic.
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or less)
- Salt and pepper.
Make it happen:
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Peel and chop your carrots.
- In a large bowl, add carrots, melted ghee (or butter), thyme sprigs, half your maple syrup, crushed garlic, shallots, and pepper flakes. Toss to coat.
- Place your carrot mixture in a parchment lined baking pan and spread out evenly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for approximately 20 minutes, tossing and adding an other drizzle of maple and olive oil about halfway through.
Season to taste and serve hot with your meal.