This soup is PERFECT made plant-based, or add roasted chicken or sautéed shrimp for added protein.
Make it happen:
In a soup pot, sautée in 1 tbsp of coconut oil till translucent:
- One white onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
Reduce heat to low and add:
- 1 tbsp yellow curry
- 1 tbsp garam masala spice mix (ours includes cumin, coriander, chill, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, pepper, and cardamom.)
- 2 large handfuls of chopped greens – we used swiss chard and kale.
Stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- 3 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock.
- 1.5 cups of cooked pumpkin, no spice.
- OPTIONAL cup of well-rinsed canned chickpeas.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 2 tbsp natural peanut or almond butter.
- 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- 1 tbsp hot sauce.
- Salt + pepper to taste.
Bring to a slow boil then reduce heat and cover, cooking for about 20 minutes.
- One can of coconut milk
- About 1 cup of left-over rotisserie chicken, chopped or shredded, or meat-based protein as desired.
Bring to a slow boil again then taste…add salt or other seasoning to taste.
- chopped green onion
- chopped peanuts
- toasted coconut
- toasted pepitas