Rise + Thriive!
We LOVE whipping up a breakfast skillet using left-over veggies! Next time you roast potatoes and veggies, make extra and keep them in the fridge for your breakfast skillets. We’re including totally plant-based options throughout. Put your broiler on at 400 while you get your left-overs ready to rock:
In a heavy, oven-friendly skillet (cast-iron or metal-handled, oven-friendly frying pan:
- Add a tablespoon of fat: think ghee, bacon fat, or avocado oil, and heat over medium heat.
- Add the right amount of veggies for one or two people depending on who you’re feeding. We love: shredded carrots, diced bell peppers, broccoli, dark leafy greens, and roasted potatoes.
- Adding leftover bacon or tempeh will add texture, flavour, and protein.
- Sauté until slightly brown, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a tbsp of chopped green onion for the last minute of sautéing.
- If desired, crack one or two eggs on top.
- Pop in the oven until desired egg doneness.
- Serve with diced avocado.