The first thing we think of when we hear comfort food is noodles! This dish is a go-to for any time you need a big bowl of cozy warmth. Delicious plant-based or with beef. Serves 4 and makes great leftovers.
- Cook up a package of rice noodles according to the instructions.
- Drain and rinse well, then set aside, tossing in a squeeze of lime juice and tsp of avocado oil to keep them from sticking.
Prep your veggies:
- Thinly slice one red and one yellow pepper.
- Wash, trim, and halve about 6-8 baby bok choy.
- Shred about one cup of dark leafy greens.
- Chop one green onion.
- Chop about 1/4 cup coriander.
- Shred about 3 inches of ginger root and one garlic clove, or pulse in food processor.
- Set all veggies aside.
If serving 4, use 4 beef tenderloin steaks or whichever cut you prefer. For tenderloins, preheat oven to 400.
- Salt steaks and let sit outside of the fridge for about 20 minutes before cooking.
- Heat up a heavy cast iron or oven-friendly frying pan over medium-high heat, adding 1.5 tbsp ghee.
- Once hot, add steaks and sear on both sides until a crust forms, time depends on your pan and stove. Be sure to move pan so your steaks don’t stick.
- Pop in the oven to desired doneness, then remove from pan and set aside on your cutting board.
- Slice just before serving.
Prep your sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, add one tbsp coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir for one minute.
- Add 4 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey, and 3 tbsp natural peanut butter.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add 1/2 can of coconut milk and cook for another 2 minutes until incorporated and smooth.
- Add hot sauce and additional seasoning to taste.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to a large frying pan.
- Add your peppers and bok choy, with a pinch of salt.
- Add tempeh if plant-based protein is desired.
- Sauté until slightly soft translucent.
- Add dark leafy greens and sauté till wilted. Add more oil if needed.
- Add desired amount of cooked noodles and most of your sauce. Store until warmed through.
Serve it up!
Load up your bowl! Top with coriander and the remainder of your sauce, and your steak if you’re a meat-eater. Optional toppings below, or get creative!
- Chopped peanuts.
- Hard boiled egg.
- Sliced acovado.